Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring is on its way....

We are so happy to say that spring appears to be on its way!!! This means lots of work to be done in our garden. Today was our first official work day in our urban garden. There is so much to be done, but there are a lot of hands to help, so hopefully we will get things off to a great start. We are also getting back into a rhythm with our new students that arrived two weeks ago. We will start our one on ones this week, Derek is Daniel's and I (Rebecca) am Kari's. I think Derek and Daniel will have it pretty easy considering their 10+ year friendship and the fact we are living together. :) I am really excited to get to know Kari and have fun times with her. I also am getting back to tutoring this week with the Refugee students.
I am currently struggling through the worst case of jet lag ever!
I had the most amazing opportunity to go to Germany to visit one of my best friends Anne. My parents so generously bought my plane ticket for my birthday this year. It was such an amazing time with Anne. A few things we did there were: traveling all over Germany, going to the Austrian Alps, and a short weekend trip to Paris, France. While we were in Paris, two of our close friends met up with us too. We were so surprised. We had no idea we would all be there at the same time! God also used this time to speak a lot to me about direction for the future. So, it was a very very great time!

Well, thats all for now. I will attach some pictures soon. Our laptop is currently "under the weather." We're not sure whats wrong, but hopefully we will figure it out soon. We have one prayer request to share too, the first week in April I will be having surgery to remove a lump my doctor found in one of my breast's. They are almost 100% sure its benign, but they would like to remove it due to its size and its sometimes painful. So please be remembering me in your prayers.
Hope you all have a great Easter tomorrow!
Love,
Derek and Rebecca

No comments: