Tuesday, October 16, 2007

August


Wow, how the time flies by. I was talking to my aunt the other day and she was begging for more updates on here. I guess I never knew if anyone ever read them or not, but it was a nice motivation for me to keep going...I also never feel like there is too much new going on, but like she said, I am in it, so I'm sure there is lots to say. So here is goes, one month at a time.
August:
We returned home from the crazy summer of weddings back home in Illinois. Our friends and co-workers(if thats what you call co-missionaries) moved in to their very own home so we spent the first two weeks helping them renovate, paint, and watch their two young ones so they could spend about every waking hour working. They one of my very best friends Anne arrived from Germany, her home country. She and I were both bridesmaids in our friend Erika's wedding, which was August 18th. Derek was also in the wedding as one of the groomsmen. Our final wedding of the year. It was so wonderful to spend time with Anne, she is a very special person in Derek and I's life.
Right around the time of Erika's wedding I got sick again. This time I was determined to figure out why I seemed to be allergic to weddings. It seemed like every wedding I was in, including my own, I got extremely sick. And also at Christmas last year. So as soon as I started feeling sick, Derek and I went straight to the doctor. She started me on some medicine for heartburn and told me that she wanted to run more tests. We were leaving the next day for Erika and Sean's wedding, so the tests would have to wait for now. The medicine helped some, but I was still having horrible stomach aches and heartburn. One of my friends at the wedding told me about her similar problems. She suggested going off of dairy to see if that would help. It did! Also, I started doing research on IBS. I never knew what it was exactly, but little did I know that I would have ALL the symptoms. So I started following all the diet restrictions for that as well. Then I found that when I ate bread my stomach would swell up, so I did more research on wheat allergies, and what do you know, I had all the symptoms for that as well. So now I am on a strict no dairy or wheat diet. It helps you lose weight thats for sure. I am starting to feel so much better. I still take over the counter meds for heart burn, but for the most part the diet and vitamins recommended help tremendously. I am hoping to be able to get off the meds soon.
What a crazy packed month. I didn't realized how busy we were.
On top of all of that, we were also planning for our Fall Discipleship Training School to begin. Our students would be arriving Sept. 5 so we had lots of work to do.

No comments: